Golden Visa Portugal
Invest in Portuguese Real Estate and became a European Resident through the Golden Visa Scheme
- Immediate visa for five years;
- Free travel within the 26 countries in the Schengen area;
- Allows the request of a permit for the family without making further investment: spouse and children under 18, at the time of the application;
- Minimum stay of 7 days per year in Portugal during the 5 year period;
- Minimum residence period in Portugal of 183 days is not required for the renewal of the visa (the permit holder may maintain his fiscal address out of Portugal);
- Enjoy a residence in an European country, with a great appeal, stability, security and life quality;
Specific Requirements Real Estate Investment
- Properties intended for services, commerce and tourism, such as offices, shops, tourist apartments, aparthotels and similar, in any part of the country remain eligible for investment under the aforementioned terms.
- The acquisition of participation units in investment funds or venture capital funds aimed at capitalizing companies, goes from a minimum investment of €350,000.00 to €500,000.00;
- That said, it is important to emphasize that the minimum investment amount for the acquisition of real estate will not change, maintaining the amounts of € 350,000.00 and € 500,000.00, for rehabilitation or not, respectively, keeping also, the benefit of reducing this minimum investment value by 20% if the property is located in an area of low population density.
Considering the changes arising from Decree-Law No. 14/2021, of February 12, it can be said that the Golden Visa continues to be a very appealing regime.